Monday, November 21, 2005

A Few of My Favorite Things

Today, Oprah touted her famed "Favorite Things" episode in which she gave all sorts of goodies to volunteers from Hurricane Katrina. There were some really touching stories, and all her guests were so excited for their awesome gifts. So I started thinking, what are my favorite things? People and experiences come to mind when I think of "favorites." But there are a few things that I get real fired up about. I don't have the money or shopping time that Oprah has, but there are a few things that I LOVE!

Long and Lean Jeans from the GAP
A snickerdoodle cookie from JD's Chippery
Satin Hands by Mary Kay
Spiced Pumpkin Latte from 7-11
Burt's Bees Chapstick
Trapp Orange Vanilla Candle
Moscato d'Oro by Robert Mondavi
"What a Girl Wants" by Kristin Billerbeck
"Here I am to Worship" two-disk CD set
My Samsonite Carry-On bag with the extra-long handle
The Naked Burrito at Q-Doba
Acqua di Gio Perfume for Women
Spinach Salad at Eatsi's
April Fresh Downy
Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuit
Sony Digital Camera

So that's my list what's on yours?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love, love, love Q-doba! I would add 1) black bean nachos w/ the works from Baja Fresh and 2) Cold Stone's cake batter custard. Did you get to watch Oprah's show? I missed it and always love that episode! Very cool that she invited the Katrina volunteers....

8:20 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I want to add:

lip finity
Starbucks Mocha Malt Frappachino
Old Navy boot cut jeans
OPI "I'm not Really a Waitress" Nailpolish
Cold Stone Cake Batter ice cream
On The Border's Chicken Burrito

3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know how excited I would be to come to you girls' shows. Ooh. . . new lipstick! yes. ahh. . . Satin Hands. Yipee! Sure, I'd want Nikki there though.

How about -
A new Toyota Tacoma for everyone!
Gift certificates to Tower Records for new CDs!
Taste of Abilene Coffee!
Shopping spree at Victoria's Secret! (not for me, but . . . )
New 'Atomic' Skis
Video ipods
Fat Tire
Thailand
And if we must list food: Joe Allens, Uncle Julio's, The Shed, and the Rio Grande Cantina!

. . . Now, I'd show up to see Oprah for that.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Becky Martin said...

I have to agree with what most folks have already listed, here's what I'll add...
Foamy soap
Sonic's diet coke with vanilla
Lee's One True Fit jeans
Stilletto pointy toed shoes, boots, anything
Ready to cook tortillas (they are already rolled out so you just have to stick them on a hot skillet for a minute and you'll swear you're south of the border)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home