I'm not "Lion" I Love them Cowboys!
Sorry. This is the second post I've started with a pun. Usually, they're not that painful...
Last week, I won tickets to today's Dallas Cowboys game. How fun is that?? But wait, it gets better. Playing for the opposing team (the Detroit Lions) was R.W. McQuarters--a guy I went to high school with!
He was a year older than me, and was a superstar for the Hornet football team back then. After college, he played for the 49'ers and the Bears, and I always enjoyed watching him on TV, so it was great to get to see him play in person today.
The weather was perfect! Sunny, warm-ish but cool enough to feel like football weather. We had great seats in the end zone right above the Cowboys' locker room. The Cowboys won 20-7 and the only letdown of the day (other than when the 'boys had to settle for a field goal after failing to score on their one-yard drive) was that right before Kami and I were ready to order, they ran out of tortilla chips for the nachos! Sadness. But overall, it was a super Sunday of football!
Last week, I won tickets to today's Dallas Cowboys game. How fun is that?? But wait, it gets better. Playing for the opposing team (the Detroit Lions) was R.W. McQuarters--a guy I went to high school with!
He was a year older than me, and was a superstar for the Hornet football team back then. After college, he played for the 49'ers and the Bears, and I always enjoyed watching him on TV, so it was great to get to see him play in person today.
The weather was perfect! Sunny, warm-ish but cool enough to feel like football weather. We had great seats in the end zone right above the Cowboys' locker room. The Cowboys won 20-7 and the only letdown of the day (other than when the 'boys had to settle for a field goal after failing to score on their one-yard drive) was that right before Kami and I were ready to order, they ran out of tortilla chips for the nachos! Sadness. But overall, it was a super Sunday of football!

2 Comments:
What great pics! Well, since I'm a Redskins fan and they lost yesterday, I can try to be happy for the Cowboys' win......moreso I'm happy that you won the tickets to see a great game!
Awww . . . you're friends with cousin Kami! Love that!
Post a Comment
<< Home