Friday, December 09, 2005

Twelve Hours Late

Thankfully, things have calmed down at SWA and seem to be under control. So the Thailand trip is back on. Just leaving half a day later.

I realized as I drove away from work tonight that I had spent 18 of the past 24 hours in that building. My brain is kinda mushy after three hours sleep, so I'm about ready to call it a night. Yeah for being packed already! Whew.

There area a lot of thoughts rattling around my head--maybe I can journal some of them on the plane tomorrow. I hope and pray that we do not have to experience something like the past 24 hours ever again.

Seeing a plane crash is bad. But seeing a plane crash when you work for an airline is terrible. Those are our Customers, our Crews, our Coworkers up there, and losing one of them would be like losing a close friend or family. In many cases, the people on our airplanes are my close friends or family.

I was so touched this morning when I drove in to work. The sun was just coming up and one of our planes had just taken off from Love Field. It touched my heart to see it in the sky, knowing what was on the ground in Chicago.



I think I'm going to end this entry here. I don't want to worry anyone with any more plane/crash thoughts, especially when I've got ten flights ahead of me this week. Keep us in your prayers. Hope to talk to you soon from Thailand!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad that you're getting to go now. So sorry to hear the bad news about the plane crash.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know you're in Thailand but I've been away from my computer and just caught up on your blog. (1)The Nativity--hilarious, yet oddly appropriate. Maybe we'll adopt that tradition. (2)Your life amazes me--heading off for Thailand with no plans. I wish more people would live like that! (3)I love SWA and was sad to hear about the crash but still have all the confidence in the world in my favorite airline! I would want you on my "GO" team!

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home