The Grinch is Gone
Bah Humbug.Up until today, I was missing my Christmas cheer. Call me the Grinch, Ebenezeer Scrooge, or any other holiday villain that comes to mind. I just wasn't feeling it.
Maybe because up until today it has been 90 degrees outside and I just can't get in the holiday spirit while wearing flip flops (someone remind me of this if I ever decide to move to the southern hemisphere). I know it's still early to think about Christmas, but to be honest, I wasn't that fired up for Thanksgiving either. To me, they kinda go hand in hand and with the weather like it has been, the only holiday I've been ready for is Labor Day.
But all that changed today. I wore a coat. I sang along with a Christmas carol. I bought a Christmas tree and I baked pumpkin pies!
Tonight really kicked off the season up at church. All the classes came together to pack boxes of food for the hungry. It was an impressive sight. Tables full of potatoes, yams, dressing, gravy, sugar, pie filling, cranberry sauce, and whatever else you might need for a holiday feast. The best part was that we were all working together. Sometimes, I feel like the singles group exists as a church within a church, so I love it when we get to be all together. Little kids carried single cans while Ben (one of my favorite youth group guys) loaded down Trey's box (another fun teen) with the heaviest items he could find. Elderly couples worked slowly, while others ran around at a faster pace. We looked like ants, working hard to prepare for winter.
It was a super night, and a great way to kick off my newfound holiday cheer! Egg nog anyone?

6 Comments:
Tommy Boy! That's greatness!
I am with you. Holiday cheer just started coming in! I am so thankful! Every night this week I have had a cup of hot chocolate and worn house shoes. Is there any better way to bring in THE season? Happy Holidays!!
I understand about it not feeling like the holidays yet. Even here in Colorado it's been unseasonably warm and hasn't felt like fall, certainly not at all like winter. This week it's finally snowed a few little sprinkles and folks are already putting up lights! I'm easing into the holiday spirit finally!
Brooke--The palm tree pic is out here, you just have to look for it. Click on the "what a day" entry on the right side of the page, or pick the October archive. I think there are a couple of PT pics on it.
KT - you post so fast I can hardly keep up. is it really 90 degrees down there? You can come up to my house and help me shovel all of the snow out of my driveway whenever you want to. it's freakin' freezin' here.
Matt--I would love some snow down here! Maybe you can find a way to harness a shovel to Koda and have him help clear the way!
Post a Comment
<< Home