Sunday, November 13, 2005

Pressed 'n Caressed Retreat

This weekend was the Prestoncrest (or pressed 'n caressed, as Matt would say) singles retreat. If I've done my math right, this was my 11th singles retreat (two a year for five years). My coworkers laugh at me because they say I'm always retreating and I guess if you add in the youth group retreats and ladies retreats, yeah, give me the white flag, I'm a retreater!

I just think it's good to get out of town and just be still. Sure, we had a schedule, but it was really relaxed. Life is hectic, so it's good just to chill.

Freddie Anderson came in and spoke to us about "Wars of the Flesh" and our music minister, John Scott Davis, came out for the weekend as well. We played spades, taboo, and psychiatrist (no, that's not the same as playing doctor!). There was a little ultimate frisbee at midnight on Friday (which seriously handicapped a good majority of our peeps). Saturday night we developed a new Olympic version of human shuffleboard involving wheeled chairs flying across the room. Sounds strange I know, but we had a blast! Then there was some seriously intense round-robbin ping pong. Top all that off with a nighttime devotional down by the creek and you've got yourself a good weekend.

I came home today, took a three-hour nap (I said the weekend was relaxing, not restful) and feel totally ready to face the week. What a blessing to be able to spend this time with good friends in the Lord.

Sorry for the random pictures. It dawned on me that although my church is such an integral part of my life, I rarely take pictures at church. So these were a couple of the ones from this weekend. And no, Wes is not being obscene--he's just showing off his scar from ultimate frisbee!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great time, and a nap. I love retreats! But more importantly, I'm glad you explained that picture. I thought you guys were playing some questionable game there...

8:50 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

My question is...what is Laura doing in that picture? Y'all were in my thoughts this weekend. I'm glad you were able to relax and chill with some good ole friends.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This has nothing to do with your retreat (although I am glad you had a great time), but I just wanted to say that I read your comment on Shanta's page. I love how much you love SWA and your job! You crack me up with the "that's why SWA flies out of LUV" stuff!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

She's digging for gold, of course!

10:48 PM  
Blogger rambouillet said...

Pressed 'n Caressed... I have never heard that before but it CRACKS ME UP!!!!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home