Monday, November 14, 2005

Empty Nesters

Well, just a few weeks after Hurricane Cocina subsided, we're back to a world of boxes. Britney has spent the past few weeks packing for her new adventure. The Lord is calling her to a new and exciting ministry and although I'm totally sad to be losing her as a roommate, I hoping to still see quite a bit since her new place is close to SWA. I'll let her tell you all about the AMAZING ways the Lord is working as she gets ready for this new chapter in her life, but I am confident that the Lord has wonderful plans in store for her as she answers his call. Sarah and I are definitely going to miss her (and her fabulous flair for decorating!). The house is starting to look really empty and I know that when the movers come on Saturday (another cool story that I'll let her tell you) it will be bittersweet.

All this packing made me start thinking about the string of roommates I've had in the past 10 years--15 girls in all! It all started when I went potluck at ACU and matched up with Brooke freshman year; on to my fun random summer school roommates (in Europe and in Abilene on Amanda Lane and Vista); to the fun times at UP with Kendra, Laura, and Ashley (people need the Lord); Shanta and I tackled the big D on our own after college; then the fun and "games" of the big house (power uno, sledding down the stairs in sleeping bags, snow days, hide & seek to name a few) with Amy, Kamara, Britney, Sarah, and Angela; and now I've come to my little house in FB that I can call my own. I have had such great experiences with each of these girls--thanks for making me laugh ladies! Y'all have seriously blessed my life.

I will admit that, one day, if it's the Lord's will, I'd like to settle down permanently with a nice male roommate. =) But for now, the Lord is so faithful to me and has truly blessed me with wonderful roommates.



Oh, and P.S. If anyone has an extra TV, kitchen table & chairs, or end tables, Sarah and I are currently accepting all donations. =)

4 Comments:

Blogger Britney K said...

I haven't even read yet but I apologize to all for my hidious shirt...

11:07 PM  
Blogger Britney K said...

I've read it now. I'll post soon. I promise. Roommates, hum... I've had 15 as well
Lori Shultz, Katie Campbell, Amy Rasco, Bethany Brant, Melissa Hobbs, Sarah Carrigan, Kara Jarman, Janine Commito, Eilene Montalbo, Tanya Cunley, Heather Martin, Laurie Ashley, Angela F., Kam T., Katie C. Mercy. That's a lot of people. Next up... Jesus.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the shirt

12:29 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

you would have had to pay dearly with the punch card if we had shared a room there sis!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home