The Best Cookie in Town

Tonight, I'd like to share one of the highlights of living in Dallas: JD's Chippery. This small, family-owned bakery makes quite possibly the best cookie in Dallas, yea, the state of Texas.
If you time it right, the snickerdoodle comes to you warm, with the middle just barely underbaked while the outside is firm, but not too crispy; the sugar and cinnamon mixing together to form the perfect outer shell. Perfection.
JD's sells other cookies as well, peanut-butter, sugar, and chocolate chip--both milk and semi-sweet. But nothing can beat the joy of the snickerdoodle. It is heaven.
JD's is located at Hillcrest and Daniel--southeast of Snyder Plaza and just west of SMU. Now, JD's isn't exactly close to SWA, but there are just some days that call for a cookie run.
Today was just such a day. After lunch at Potbelly's (another tasty treat that I wholeheartedly endorse), we wound our way through Highland Park to the beautiful bakery. Please note Emily and Rekka's excitement as they anticipate the joy that is a JD's cookie.
If you're in the metroplex, do yourself a favor and make a JD's cookie run. It will change your life.

11 Comments:
Loving the food tour. Someday I'll have to come up there and enjoy. I love the fact that you guys make cookie runs. That's dedication.
My mouth is watering......I would be there everyday. Warm, soft Snickerdoodles are so hard to beat!
I'll have to make sure to stop by! You make it sound so delectable!! mmm... the thought of a warm cookie makes my mouth water!
I am in love with Potbelly's ever since my sister in law, Miranda took us to the one in Addison. Way better than Subway! Sadly, they don't have that cookie place here. But I did get a maple scone and a gingerbread latte from Starbucks this morning. How I miss the luxuries and convenience of Dallas!
One more thing...
To Sarah C...
What is the kind of underwear that can change my life? I think I need those.
Katie,
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of a good cookie. :)
We'll have to check that one out!
I am all about JD's Chippery, although Sarah and I found some cookies that are right up there with them!!! It's in Grapevine Mills Mall....ask her!
Oh and Katie, you need to look up my friend Rebekah Finfrock, she works for Customer Relations at SWA. She is hilarious! I've been telling her to look you up too.
Who knew you'd get the most comments ever on your blog from a cookie post? Readers are finnicky, huh?
Katie!
That sounds soooo good. I must pass by that place all the time, but I have never noticed it. Now I have to go have one of those Snickerdoodles.
Seriously, I love your blog. You're such a great writer. It was great to see you the other night!
Leave it to JD's to bring us all together. Get yourself a snickerdoodle, you won't be sorry!
You're telling me I've missed out on JDs while working on my JD for the past 2 years 30 yards across the street...ba humbug. Tomorrow the streak ends.
Post a Comment
<< Home