Home from Africa
Well, I've been home from Rwanda for three weeks now. I've finished my last load of laundry from the trip--and my brain is STILL processing all the experiences that we had in Kigali. Here are a few of the highlights!
Favorite Team moment: Nathan and his high fives
Most common reader name: Jean, Jean-Bosco, Jean-Baptiste, Jean-Luc or any other form of Jean. I did have two Francines-as well
Most dangerous animal we saw: Hippo--apparently they kill more people than any other animal. Although, I'll say that I felt more endangered by the swarms of mosquitoes that were around us while we had dinner down by Lake Kivu
Best Meal that Topista cooked: pot roast with potatoes and carrots with apple pie for dessert!
I think I'm still processing everything the Lord shared with me while in Africa. I left there having learned lessons in forgiveness, kindness, hospitality, mercy, and grace.
If you'd like to see more pictures--you can check out the highlights.
And if you'd like to keep up with our new friends in Rwanda you can visit the Hixson's blog.
Labels: Travel

5 Comments:
I was looking at how cute you look in that first picture...and didn't even realize there was a giraffe in it with you until the second or third time I looked at it!! Ha! Sounds like you had a great experience!!
Your photos are great! I just finished "Left to Tell" and it's amazing that you were really just there. I recognize so many of the landmarks from the book in your pictures. I can't imagine how powerful it was talking to such remarkable people.
I'm so glad you had a great trip! I'm with Amy you just look so cute in that first pic and all of them that it took me a few moments to realize there was a giraffe as well! It's late but I want to take a look at your pics later! Glad you're back! So glad you got to go! Kelly
Just looked at the photos! Such a joy! Thank you for sharing. Francine is beautiful! All of those kids! Remarkable and beautiful, each one! Glad you pointed out the tiny feet! I would have missed them. The man who walked three hours. Wow! That gets me. Kelly
That first picture not only contains a giraffe, but it appears when you enlarge it, that there might be a baby giraff just behind the front legs of the larger one. The larger one seems to be looking behind at the baby animal whether it be a little giraffe or something else. Good job Katie! Love you always, Uncle Bob
Post a Comment
<< Home