Can God Use Britney Spears to Minister?
Absolutely.Here's what I mean. This has been a rough week. Monday, I seriously felt like I had a target on my forehead. And it wasn't just me. Deadlines were pressing on all of us, and stress was taking its toll. Things weren't pretty--tensions were high and emotions were sensitive. I talked with several folks at church who were feeling the same thing this week.
On Monday, I truly felt like Satan was attacking me. First strategy in the defense--prayer--big time. Second step--I jammed out to Britney's Greatest Hits. I'm not saying it would work for everybody, but an open sunroof, a 60 degree day, and "Stronger" and "My Prerogative" sure did work wonders for me. And I think it gave a good laugh to the guy in the red pickup beside me who was privy to my sing-along.
Today, it was a little Whitney Houston that brought me to work. So, the question is, what song do you listen to that puts you in a good mood every time???

8 Comments:
"I'm Gonna Be" by The Proclaimers. Seriously one of the best songs ever written. I get so excited whenever I hear it!
It depends on my mood-lifting needs. I really like "Come on Eileen" for something fun, an Aerosmith screaming song to help get the anger out, or classical music when I want to feel like my life is in order. I've never listened to Britney, though. Perhaps I could make a new category for her.
Whitney is always a good choice!! That makes me think of the Big House!!! Jammin to her or Justin Timberlake...oh, the memories!
Great questions! Right now it's "In Over my Head" by The Fray, other times it's "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac, and the one that always gets me going is "Get Out the Map" by the Indigo Girls.
Definately - Move Along by the All American Rejects. That song makes me happy and the lyrics are positive too.
Oh, good question, I would say, "Secure Yourself" by the Indigo Girls, "Independence Day" by Martina McBride. Hmm, there are so many!
"A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis, but the REMAKE version!
"Meant to Live" and "This is Your Life" by Switchfoot. About what you would expect from me.
Post a Comment
<< Home