Monday, January 22, 2007

Blue Monday?? I don't think so!

According to some psychologists, today was supposed to be the gloomiest day of the year. They took into account things that could affect mood: dark skies, bad weather, the arrival of post-Christmas bills, broken New Years resolutions, and lack of sleep--just to name a few. Seriously--a group in England even created a website to help you cope with the doldrums of January 22, 2007.

But, no worries here--today was really great! Dallas has FINALLY had two full days of sunshine! Thank goodness! Now, last week, my mood was not nearly this chipper. Even little things irritated me! I was in a funk, and I think I've pinpointed it to two main reasons.

First, it's been cloudy/chilly/rainy/snowy/yucky for three weeks now! I think the last time I needed my sunglasses was in India! I love a good snowstorm, but that cold, dirty, icy mix does nothing for me. It canceled all sorts of activities and gave me a little cabin fever!

Secondly, because of aforementioned weather and trip to India, I hadn't spent my usual amount of time in Christian fellowship. I'd spent my time with the Lord, but I hadn't spent much time at church, with my accountability group, or in praise and worship. My cup needed filling.

So, yesterday I was thrilled to spend the afternoon soaking up the sun while working in the yard, and fellowshipping with the Son with other believers at church. Here's hoping your "Blue Monday" turned out alright!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

I had no idea it was "Blue Monday," but I definitely had a great day despite the researchers!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home