Incredible India
.jpg)
It's good to be home! Amazingly, thanks to the grace of God, we made both flights coming home on Thursday. Flying standby comes at a great price, but it can be a little nerve-wracking when you're the last four people to board the plane!
Monday was full of shopping, Tuesday we took a trip to Thana to visit Vasant's sister-in-law, Shakuntala, and nephew, Abidijit; and Wednesday, we visited Midoo and her husband, Sateesh, for lunch.
I took almost 700 pictures on the trip--Here are a few highlights.
The street scene on Ranade Road in the neighborhood where we stayed.

Shopping here looks a little different than Kroger.

The Pandit Family plus two!

The Indian fire-extinguishing system at the gas station on the corner.

The Taj Mahal was breathtaking!.jpg)
.jpg)
Pumu giving Brooke a very special gift.
Brooke, Reeka, Shanta, and Me after getting our Mindi done.Don't worry, it's just henna that will wear off in a week.

Playing dress-up in Auntie Shanta and Auntie Pumu's saris.

Labels: Travel

5 Comments:
Wow! No wonder you took so many pictures. India is fascinating. These are wonderful. You and the Taj! Looking forward to seeing the rest!
I love these pics!!! Katie, that one of you at the Taj needs to be framed ASAP- beautiful! I am so glad you guys got home safe and sound.
Glad you are home safe and sound! I have enjoyed reading about your adventures!!!
Beautiful! I think you girls look especially cute in those saris! :) So much fun! What an incredible trip!
It really was an unbelievable trip! And it's definitely good to be home!
Post a Comment
<< Home