Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hello from The Windy City

Brrrr! It's cold here in Chicago! It's 50 degrees and the wind is fierce! I'm up here for a communications conference 'til Wednesday. Two other ladies from SWA are here with me, one from Inflight and one from Ground Operations. We're presenting at a session on Wednesday morning, so say a prayer for our speaking abilities!

The trip got off to a rocky start when I realized, once I had parked the car and walked into the airport that I had left my entire wallet in my other purse from the state fair last night. I thought I'd moved everything over, but I guess I forgot the main pocket. I knew I wouldn't get very far in Chicago with no credit cards, no cash, and no atm card, so I called my sweet roommate Sarah in a panic! She was able to bring it down to me and I still caught my flight! Thank you SARAH!!

The drama continues...I met up with Kim in DAL and we flew to Chicago, where her bag didn't quite make it. Then, we were supposed to meet up with Melissa, but she wasn't there and we didn't have each others cell phones. (I've learned that lesson!) So in the first 5 hours of the trip we're down one wallet, one suitcase, and one Coworker.

Hopefully the rest of the trip will go well! In other news, President Bush signed the Wright Amendment Reform Act into law on Friday, so as soon as we get the blessing from the FAA, we will be in business! Get ready folks, for cheaper tickets from Love Field!

That's all for now, I've got to go get my beauty sleep for the conference!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray for the signing of that bill! And hopefully you're back to square one in C-town with 3 wallets, suitcases and people. :) Miss seeing you.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Katie- sorry about all the drama! I'm so glad you got your wallet. Be safe and REST- we've got a big weekend ahead in Denver.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie !!! Bummer, I was just in Chicago Tuesday and and left Wednesday. I coulda met you for dinner. Bummer. I was at the Hilton downtown on Michigan.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Hopefully you had some time to enjoy the city. I know that you have been there before. I go there often as that is where The Suiter lives. I still want to check out Opera that you blogged about, but there are so many places to eat. My fav is Shine Morida in Lincoln Park, if you ever get a chance to check it out & if you like sushi or sesame chicken.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home