Monday, October 24, 2005

Back from The Vegas

Shanta, Sarah, Ashley, and I had a blast in the vegas! I could not have asked for a more fun birthday celebration! And the fun is just beginning! Here are some of the high points of the trip.





1. Sarah getting excited over the party horns on the "Jackpot Party" nickle slot machine.

2. We totally got the hook up--free hotel, free show tickets, and VIP treatment at the Hard Rock! Please note, this does note mean we "hooked up" with anyone.

3. Lucky #28. Celebrating my 28th birthday on the 28th of October has given me a whole new outlook on my lucky number (plus, it's a product of 4x7, two more lucky numbers)! When we checked into the hotel, Analisa asked us if we had a preference of floors, higher or lower--of course I said higher--gotta love the view! She says, "how about the 28th." No way, really? Then the miracle of 28 happened when I had placed my last $4 out on the roulette field (I only started with $30, so it wasn't a big loss) then whaddya know? 28 hits three times back to back and I walk away having doubled my money! Yeah!

4. Drinking enough juice at the breakfast buffet to earn back the price of our breakfast!

5. The Earthquake at the Ghiradelli chocolate store--four girls, eight scoops--man that was good! Please note before and after pictures.

6.Seeing Paris Hilton in the Hard Rock Hotel (we think)

7. Not setting an alarm. At all.

8. Taking a nap from 6-8 p.m. vegas time (8-10 central) and hearing Shanta explain to Ken that we were just getting ready to GO out...

9. The water show at the Bellagio--man, I love the emotions that can be conveyed through just water and light and sound!

10. Laughing and having a great time with my dear friends.

11. The cute man playing the accordian at Battista's Hole in the Wall.

12. The cute men at the table next to us at Battista's Hole in the Wall (sorry no picture).

13. The free house wine at Battista's Hole in the Wall.

14. The cappucino that tasted like hot chocolate (but I know had caffiene in it because I was wide awake at 2 am) at Battista's Hole in the Wall.

15. Being thankful that I don't earn my living on a trapeeze. Whether at O or Rum Jungle, I am not that coordinated!

16. Music is everywhere--whether the cover band at Mandalay Bay, the DJ on the patio at the ice cream shop, or the music at the Hard Rock, we were shaking it all over town.

17. That tasty grilled chicken sandwich at Caesars. Could it have been more perfect? The avocado, the chopotle ranch, the lettuce and tomatoes? Or maybe we were just really hungry!

18. O. Holy cow, it's amazing to watch the acrobatics as they "fly through the air with the greatest of ease"

19. I played craps! Granted, it was only for about 15 minutes, but I'm so glad I learned how and that I played!

20. Walking past a line of 100 people straight into the Hard Rock. Although we were not VIPs by any stretch of the imagination in vegas, we were treated like them--Thanks Dave!

21. The sweet asian cab driver who gave us all little mini Bibles with verses inside. Amazing to see the power of her witness in such a dark city.

22. Playing penny poker at Imperial Palace. Hours of fun for less than the price of a movie! Heck, less than the price of movie popcorn!

23. Seeing the 40 carat ring at the jewelry store at the Wynn. wow. It would take a lot of penny poker to buy that one!

24. The "dealertainers" dressed like Ricky Martin, Marilyn Monroe, and the Blues Brothers. (especially funny when Ricky decided to shake his bon-bons while dealing blackjack).

25. Ashley

26. Shanta

27. Sarah

28. Elvis!

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky Martin said...

What an awesome trip! And what fun people to spend it with. Tell Ashley Parks hello for me...I miss her and haven't chatted with her in ages. I hope the B'Day celebration kicked off a wonderful year for you!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You 4 girls are beautiful. It looks like you had a fantastic time, and I know you brought some classy Texas refreshment to that crazy city! The food descriptions alone make me want to go there......congrats on lucky #28!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pictures roomie! I especially like that I have my "guns up" in the picture with Elvis after we lost miserably to Texas...

8:16 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Great use of the number 28. It is amazing how much you see it around you now. I am so glad you had fun. I can't wait to see Sarah again!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I wish your would have eloped with some random guy from O at the "Little White Chapel". I bet you would have seen more celebs there too.

I am glad you guys had fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

happy 28th...

your blog brought back many good memories of Vegas. Especially elvis. he is everywhere in Vegas. My favorite elvis--a little japanese man that delivered sushi to Albertson's.

thanks for the memories...

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home