This weekend I hung out with Nolan Ryan and also got a disease on my forehead.
Two completely unrelated events.
First the good news.
Southwest sponsors a "Play Ball with Nolan Ryan" contest every year where we send ten Employees and ten Customers on "the trip of a lifetime" to play a game of softball with Nolan Ryan. I was lucky enough to be asked to come along as the photographer for the event and brought my sister as a guest.
You should enter next year--it's really fun!
We had a great time in Cooperstown, NY at the National Baseball hall of Fame.
And on Sunday we witnessed the amazingly large gourds at the Cooperstown Pumpkin Festival and Regatta.
Yep--they weigh them, scoop them, and then row them across the lake.
The bad news--I have some sort of random rash/blister/welt on my forehead. It itches like crazy and I feel like little needles are shooting into my forehead. Here I am Monday morning in BWI on our way home.
I went to see the dermatologist Tuesday morning and she thinks it may be shingles. We have several pregnant women and people with vulnerable immune systems, so I worked from home today--note the lovely hair and lack of makeup.
I can't tell if the medicine is working yet, so please pray for healing!
First the good news.

Southwest sponsors a "Play Ball with Nolan Ryan" contest every year where we send ten Employees and ten Customers on "the trip of a lifetime" to play a game of softball with Nolan Ryan. I was lucky enough to be asked to come along as the photographer for the event and brought my sister as a guest.
You should enter next year--it's really fun!
We had a great time in Cooperstown, NY at the National Baseball hall of Fame.
And on Sunday we witnessed the amazingly large gourds at the Cooperstown Pumpkin Festival and Regatta.
The bad news--I have some sort of random rash/blister/welt on my forehead. It itches like crazy and I feel like little needles are shooting into my forehead. Here I am Monday morning in BWI on our way home.
Labels: SWA

6 Comments:
oh gosh! I hope you get better soon.
Oh, OUCH! I hope you are feeling better. At least you got a day off! :)
My parents say that Cooperstown is a neat experience and that everyone should go. How cool
Awesome trip - you have a job with such fun perks :) Sorry about the "disease". I really hope for your sake it's not shingles.
Oh no Katie! Shingles are HORRIBLE...I really pray that that is not what it is!
Random note: One of the customers that won the trip to meet Nolan Ryan is the brother of a woman that lives here in Sweetwater. She was telling us about how excited he was. I'm never shocked at what a small world it really is.
I hope you feel better soon.
Katie-
Oh my goodness...I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with that. I have heard how painful that is...so I will definitely be praying for healing! So...when is roommate trip 2008?! :)
Wow. No offense but that looks aweful. I am so sorry. Last spring I thought I had shingles but it was some other funky rash. So, I WILL pray for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home