Wednesday, November 08, 2006

little snippets

Lots has happened since the last post: last weekend, I had a ball going to fun football games and baby showers in Dallas and Austin. Allen and UT won, and I got to see lots of good friends, lots of sweet babies.


Here are some random thoughts for those of you in the Dallas Metroplex:

*There is a new jewelry store at Preston and Beltline called Fiery Gems. It's better than Sam Moon for jewlery--great selection and the prices are maybe even lower. Plus, it's not crowded, and they have clothes and antiques too.


*Dallas also has a new radio station: Movin' 107.5--it's a great mix of 90s rap, r&b, and top 40. I give it an A+!


*The Great American Hero sandwich shop on Lemmon is now a penny-free environment. They now round your bill up or down to the nearest nickel. What? Can they just decide to to that? I heard today that it costs more to make a penny than a penny is worth, but I don't know if that's really true.


*Finally, I heard about a new trend tonight, and I'm not too sure how I feel about it. Black Christmas trees. Apparently they were big in the UK last year and are now catching on here.


So what do you think? Anyone else been to Fiery Gems or found Movin' on the dial? Should we keep the penny around or is it time to move on? What about the black Christmas tree? Is it classy and stylish or morbid and sad?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

I am very anti-black Christmas trees! Not at all festive. As far as jewelry goes, I'll definitely check out the new store. I love a bargain!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Love the tip about the jewelry store! I can see the black Christmas tree in certain decor being really cool, but I'll stick with the traditional green. My grandmother still puts up her aluminum tree each year. And about the pennies...I want to keep all the money I can! How can they legally round up??

9:09 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I am anti black Christmas lights!!!!!!!! The only nice thing is that if a bulb burned out you might not notice!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home