Monday, October 10, 2005

Send in FEMA, Hurricane Cocina is Out of Control!


Seriously, we need help here.

On Saturday, I came home from seeing In Her Shoes ( great movie by the way) to see that my kitchen had been taped off, tarped off, and sealed off in preparation for the primer that had been sprayed over the walls and the wood cabinets, trim, and doors. We're totally off the Saffir-Simpson category scale here folks--it doesn't go to category 7, but around these parts it should!

Then yesterday, nothing. Our appliances are all tarped off and so i'm expecting some swift painting here, but no, not a drop. So today, I started getting a bit antsy. I feel horrible that Sarah and Britney are camping out in these conditions and I am ready to act!

So tonight, I was really excited when Mike and his crew came over to tackle the cocina again! They made good progress, painting the walls and filling in the holes on the trim. All the doors are off the cabinets, and it looks like we'll actually get some paint on them tomorrow--day 10 of the painting ordeal!

I decided on a white, khaki, and blue color scheme. Red was really in the running there for a while, but I was worried that with a yellow living room, that the house would start to look like McDonalds! It's not too bright, and the blue is really soothing! I can't wait to see what it will look like once we get the cabinets painted and the doors back on! It has definitely been a lesson in patience--thanks girls for putting up with this mess. Y'all have been awesome!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your kitchen looks awesome! I love the color scheme.......so clean and bright! I saw "In her shoes" yesterday too......great movie! I didn't think I would cry, but I definitely teared up at the end. Have a great day!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOWZER- It looks awesome in there!!! I can't wait to come see it in person. Good color choice. Reminds me of my guest bathroom. And trust me, it's soothing. :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Not to be trite, but I love the colors as well. I love kitchen makeovers! "In Her Shoes" was great--saw it with my little sis--I'm pretty sure she's more like the slutty sis than me!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

brings back memories of another redecoration... trying to find a couch for Angela and Jason...

glad to hear from you, and find your blog. Look forward to visiting here often!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home