Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Juxtapositions

I think there may be something to this whole "ying-yang" concept. But mainly when it comes to food. Allow me to explain.

Tonight we went to Chili's after church as a fond farewell for our friend Chris, who is moving to Toronto this weekend. (We'll miss you Chris!) I partook of the Molten Chocolate Cake, an amazing balance of chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream, and hot fudge, all coated in a candy shell. But it's not just the ingredients that make it so tasty--it's the way they tug at each other. Hot vs. Cold. Vanilla vs. Chocolate. Creamy vs. Cakey. Sauce vs. Sponge. And to tell you the truth, these are the same things that make my apple pie what it is. It's the tart vs. the sweet. The soft vs. the crunchy. The hot vs. the cold that truly makes a pie a la mode! Maybe this is what they mean when they say opposites attract. Well, whatever it is, I'm a fan. Here's to our differences!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That was a really artsy post. And now I have an insatiable craving for chocolate. Thanks! You should write in the auction catalog for a gallery or something... or maybe for your company magazine...

9:55 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Mmmm...that's the most beautiful picture I've ever seen! May have to make a Chili's run tonight!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home