Friday, February 11, 2011

Don't over do it

Well hello blogland!

I thought for a while that my blog had DIED when I received the "blue screen of death" on my dell laptop last summer. I thought for a while I'd blog from my blackberry, but that just didn't happen. So, several months later, with a new computer under my fingertips, I hope to be back to more regular posting.

So the news these days is that I'm home from work on medical leave. I had four uterine fibroids removed at Baylor hospital and will be recovering for the next few weeks. I'm feeling lots of love from my Coworkers at SWA (check out the beautiful bouquet of roses and the fun banner on the wall) and from my family (my sister gave me the beautiful orchid in the picture and my mom has been AMAZING--taking care of me in the hospital and at her house for the past week) and from my friends (I loved the fun Strawberry Shortcake drawings from Shanta and Campbell and other dear friends have been so sweet to send me texts, come by and visit to watch the superbowl, share a sonic treat, or cook a fun lunch at mom's house.



Everyone keeps saying "don't over-do it." But here's the thing, most of the times, you really don't know if you've gone too far, until you're there. So, here are some of the things that may be considered "over doing it."
*picking up your socks off the floor
*putting the olive oil back in the cabinet over the microwave
*coughing
*shelling pecans
*rolling over in bed

So all that to say, I'm trying to take it easy. I usually have a lot going on, so it's been nice to have some mandated down time. My friend Emily shared a neat perspective on the 23 Psalm just before surgery. The line "He MAKES me lie down" takes on new meaning for me during this time when both scripture, and my sister, are making me to lie down for a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! :-)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah B said...

Good to know the situation, Katie. Hope your blogging can bring you some joy...and maybe catch up on the movies and books you've been wanting to watch/read?? Best wishes :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Miss G said...

Katie, so good to hear what's going on. I had just seen the picture on your blogpost at first without the words (I guess I was too quick on the draw in reading it) and was worried about you. I love that perspective on Psalm 23. I hope that your recovery gets easier and easier. Kelly

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home