Have I Become a Klepto?
So this morning, when I stop at the 7-11 for my cup of gourmet coffee, I look in my purse to get my money and inside I find a single toyota key and remote. This would not be out of the ordinary if I drove a toyota, but no, I drive a nissan; none of my roommates drive a toyota either. This is clearly not my car key. Whose key is this?? How did it get in my purse?? Is someone in Dallas searching frantically for this key??
Here are the only explanations I can think of:
1. I am the next contestant on the amazing race, or some other adventure show and soon, I will receive a courier package telling me that a certain toyota that is waiting for me in row 5, space nine of the parking lot and at this point I will find a clue telling me where to go next.
2. I have become a kleptomaniac and picked up a total stranger's keys off the counter at Subway yesterday.
3. Someone mistakenly confused my lime green purse for theirs and dropped them in. I don't think there are too many green purses out there, but hey, green is the new pink, so maybe so.
Well turns out, option three is correct. Mystery solved. Saturday night, while hanging out with friends, one of the fellas there dropped his girlfriend's keys into my purse. I left, oblivious to the matter, while my dear friend frantically looked for her keys for 48 hours. Oopsie! So guys, be sure you know whose green purse is whose! But for a brief time there, I was truly convinced that I was the next contestant on the Amazing Race. Guess I'll actually have to enter for that dream to come true!
Side note: While we are on the topic of cars, or at least car keys, (which will be rare from this blog) I'm pleased to share that today at lunch we went 7-deep in the Altima. Yep, me and six lovely ladies rode in moderate comfort (and fully buckled up) from headquarters to q-doba. Just call us the clown car!
Here are the only explanations I can think of:
1. I am the next contestant on the amazing race, or some other adventure show and soon, I will receive a courier package telling me that a certain toyota that is waiting for me in row 5, space nine of the parking lot and at this point I will find a clue telling me where to go next.
2. I have become a kleptomaniac and picked up a total stranger's keys off the counter at Subway yesterday.
3. Someone mistakenly confused my lime green purse for theirs and dropped them in. I don't think there are too many green purses out there, but hey, green is the new pink, so maybe so.
Well turns out, option three is correct. Mystery solved. Saturday night, while hanging out with friends, one of the fellas there dropped his girlfriend's keys into my purse. I left, oblivious to the matter, while my dear friend frantically looked for her keys for 48 hours. Oopsie! So guys, be sure you know whose green purse is whose! But for a brief time there, I was truly convinced that I was the next contestant on the Amazing Race. Guess I'll actually have to enter for that dream to come true!
Side note: While we are on the topic of cars, or at least car keys, (which will be rare from this blog) I'm pleased to share that today at lunch we went 7-deep in the Altima. Yep, me and six lovely ladies rode in moderate comfort (and fully buckled up) from headquarters to q-doba. Just call us the clown car!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home