Election Goodies
So, I'm not sure which box you plan to check on November 4. Honestly, I'm not sure yet which box I'm going to check at the polls. But, I sure do enjoy all the election hubbub! So while I'm listening to the debate, here are some of my favorite election goodies:
The election advent calendar--I received one of these from our Legislative & Grassroots department at SWA. Just like the countdown to Christmas, I can now countdown to Election Day with a daily quote about democracy.

A Caffeinated Vote
Okay, I will admit--I really love gas station coffee--and for the value, it beats Starbucks hands down! So I think it's fun that 7-eleven is asking customers to vote with their cups! You can check out the results at http://www.7-election.com/
Tina Fey and the SNL Skits
I love these skits. I will
tolerate a good number of "I endorse this message" commercials for the sake of more Tina Fey Saturday Night Live skits. The rest of the show doesn't wow me much, but I sure do love the political spoofs. I think being able to laugh at yourself is a pretty valuable trait and I am thankful that we live in a country where we have the freedom not only to choose our leaders, but we also have the freedom to poke a little fun at our leaders without fear for our lives. And, I love the irony that one year, Sarah Palin dressed up like Tina Fey for Halloween--how great is that--life imitating art--or vice versa?
So, that's my take on the election for now. Regardless if you drink your coffee out of a red cup or a blue cup, I'm thankful that we have the freedom to vote and choose a leader. See you at the polls!
The election advent calendar--I received one of these from our Legislative & Grassroots department at SWA. Just like the countdown to Christmas, I can now countdown to Election Day with a daily quote about democracy.

A Caffeinated Vote
Tina Fey and the SNL Skits
I love these skits. I will
tolerate a good number of "I endorse this message" commercials for the sake of more Tina Fey Saturday Night Live skits. The rest of the show doesn't wow me much, but I sure do love the political spoofs. I think being able to laugh at yourself is a pretty valuable trait and I am thankful that we live in a country where we have the freedom not only to choose our leaders, but we also have the freedom to poke a little fun at our leaders without fear for our lives. And, I love the irony that one year, Sarah Palin dressed up like Tina Fey for Halloween--how great is that--life imitating art--or vice versa?So, that's my take on the election for now. Regardless if you drink your coffee out of a red cup or a blue cup, I'm thankful that we have the freedom to vote and choose a leader. See you at the polls!

2 Comments:
where can I get an election day advent calendar?? :)
Sarah, I'll see what I can find around the office, but in the meantime, check out www.electiondayadventcalendar.com
Post a Comment
<< Home